VOLUNTEER HOUSE INFORMATION
Volunteers will have to clean your own room, bath room, beddings, towels, etc. Please note that a clean spare of bed sheet, pillowslip and towel is provided in your cupboard.
Rooms contain two beds with a private bathroom and hot water.
A washing machine is available for use by volunteers with free laundry soap and softener.
Smoking is permitted outside only. Please do not smoke around the children.
Volunteers are allowed to use the swimming pool and lighting is provided for night swims but must strictly follow the swimming pool rules. No glass containers or food in this area please.
Basic bicycles are available for your use.
The occasional alcoholic beverages are permitted. Volunteers must be discrete about bringing beverages into the building, and must be consumed in the volunteer living space. Please wash out all containers after use.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to clean up after yourself when using the suite kitchen. Put away all items used and all surfaces must be wiped down each time the kitchen is used.
Always be considerate of others.
Please, no outgoing or incoming phone calls after you have gone to bed. To ensure that you do not disturb others, turn off your cell phone.
Please note that the main kitchen is closed most days after: Breakfast: 7.30 am. Lunch: 1:00 pm. and Dinner: 7:00 pm.
Inform kitchen staff if you will not be at the centre for meals.
Please return the key before leaving our center.
|8.00-am||–||Start of school day: National flag raising following by prayers and Catechism|
|10.10-am||–||Snack / break time|
|11.20.am||–||Lunch – break time|
|2.40-pm||–||Snack / Break time|
|5.30-pm||–||Free time / relax time|
* Accommodation is right on the grounds of the Home of Charity, meals for staff and volunteers are at 12 and 5 pm. Thai meals are served.
* Home of Charity prepares and provides breakfast, lunch and dinner for volunteers but if volunteers would like to have special food, please prepare by themselves.
* As a volunteer you will have to clean your own room, bathroom, bedding, towels, etc. Please note that a clean, spare set of bed sheets, pillowslip and towel are provided in your cupboard.
* School starts at 8:00 and ends at 3:00.
* The first few days, it is preferred that volunteers get to know the centre and children, and perhaps spend time learning basic Thai. Then a discussion will take place about where you would like to concentrate your energies, and which children need extra help. Also, you can include additional areas of interest and activities that you would like to share with the children.
* From time to time, you may be asked to organize activities include dance, yoga, English, and computer classes.
* You will be slotted into the schedule depending on the activities of the day, aside from class preparation time, volunteers are asked to be actively present to the children from 8:00 to 3:00.